Alganelle is an innovative biotechnology company specialized in the development and production of high added-value and natural molecules from microalgae, used as photosynthetic cell factories
Our compounds (metabolites (polysaccharides,…), green building blocks, proteins…) will be sold as ingredients to biomedical, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries.
Drawing on its own microalgae platform and knowhow, Alganelle offers to its clients with raw materials of very high quality, safer and obtained from environmentally sustainable processes..
Alganelle’s biopolymers from non-animal origin will be used to manufacture products improving the quality of life and health..
In parallel with our product development activity, Alganelle provides to its clients (private companies or public laboratories) the opportunity to use its high-potential and alternative platform based on microalgae in order to customize the bioproduction of their own molecules (complex proteins, synthons, metabolites, …)
Our technology offer (customized feasibility studies and/or co-development) allows, according to your molecules of interest:
- The optimization of their quantitative and / or qualitative production level (yield, folding, functionality, …)
- Their production in different cell compartments of the microalgae
- The Engineering of metabolic pathways
Alganelle technology and knowhow are based on expertise developed over nearly 19 years in biotechnology of microalgae and plants.
To meet specific requirements of quality and safety of biomedical and cosmetic industries, Alganelle chose to produce its biopolymers in microalgae for their exceptional properties:
- These microorganisms are real cellular factories able to produce a wide array of high value and natural compounds (as polysaccharides, pigments, antioxidants, proteins …) with various biotechnological applications such as cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, health food supplements, aquaculture feed or the production of biofuels.
- Microalgae have no agent infectious to humans (such as virus, animal or bacterial toxins).
- Moreover, they exhibit a rapid growth, an ease of scale-up at industrial level and minimal nutritional requirements (mainly of light energy, CO2 and minerals).
Thus, our technology will provide to our clients with biopolymers:
- Of very high quality,
- Without risk of contamination by human pathogens,
- And produced from sustainable production processes with low environmental footprint.
Designing and innovating in the service of the human being
Our strong and indispensable values for sustainable innovation are uncompromising:
- Develop biopolymers of very high quality
- Contributing to the well-being and the health improvement of people,
- And in respecting the environment and our stakeholders.
Commitment and Quality
Since its creation, Alganelle has been committed to a quality control approach to ensure the performance and complete control of the safety of its activities.
We implement all necessary and relevant resources to achieve these objectives.
Don’t miss the Plant Based Summit 2019 in Lyon (France) and join our speech on « Bioengineered microalgae, for bioinspired innovation », on 23 May, at 10:35. Hoping to meet you there. www.plantbasedsummit.com
Alganelle Conference at Sinal 2018, the international congress and exhibition on bio-based Industry, le 30 mai 2018 in Châlons-en-Champagne (France). Meet us and learn more about our activities and microalgae platform. »Microalgae Engineering: Photosynthetic Cell Factories for the Production of Biopolymers intended for the Industry ». Read more about the congress
Alganelle, Silver Sponsor, at ISAP 2017 congress from 18 to 23 June 2017 in Nantes, France. Meet us at the 6th congress of the International Society for Applied Phycology – ISAP 2017. Alganelle will present on 22 June at 9:50 am its activities and technologies on microalgae and high value molecules. Read more about the congress
Alganelle at Plant Based Summit congress, from 25 to 27 April 2017 in Lille, France. Alganelle presents its activities and its microalgae platform at Plant Based Summit, the biobased solutions international conference and exhibition, on 25 April at 4:30 pm in the thematic conference “New process”.Read more about the congress
Alganelle receives support from Novacap, a major international chemical company.Read the whole press release